I was looking for an interesting, vegan cake recipe on-line. I couldn’t find anything with the limited ingredients I had at home. Therefore I decided to risk and did this. The result was great!
- 2 cups of spelt flour.
- 1 package of backing powder (for 500g flour).
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used the brown one).
- 1.5 tablespoon of linseed.
- 3 quail eggs.
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup of vanilla soy yoghurt.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla aroma.
- 1/2 cup of oil.
- Handful of raisins.
- Pour 1,5 tablespoon of linseed in 3 tablespoon of hot water. Wait approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add soaked linseed, eggs, vanilla soy yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla aroma and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth consistency.
- Add raisins and mix with a spoon.
- Place baking paper into a 25x12cm loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 45min in 180oC.
- Cool and enjoy.
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.