This is very simple and quick dish. It’s now asparagus season. In the Netherlands you only see white asparagus. I was lucky to do some shopping in Germany and to buy green version of asparagus. I love these ones. Their biggest advantage is that you do not need to peel them 🙂
This dish could be served with salmon but my freezer was out of salmon, therefore I used prawns. Still good combination… As this is the simplest way of macaroni, with no other sauce than olive oil, juice from cooking vegetables and prawns, it’s in my opinion very healthy and low caloric. You may want to limit olive oil to one spoon, to make it even less caloric. For the ones that do not count calories and cannot imagine eating macaroni without cheese, I would suggest to add parmesan cheese.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– ca. 200g macaroni
– 1 bunch green asparagus
– 1/2 zucchini
– 1/2 leek
– ca. 200g prawns
– 2tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
– 3 garlic cloves
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions; drain.
- Meantime cut leek and zucchini into thin strips. Cook/fry on olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cut into 3-4cm green asparagus. You may want to remove the hard ends first, and peel of the skin from the thickest parts. Add together with prawns to zucchini and leek, cook for next 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook for next 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables and prawns to a bowl with drained macaroni.
- Add 1tbsp of olive oil and salt/pepper to taste if needed. Mix and serve immediately.
- You may want to top with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your meal,
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.