It’s a great starter… I like it solo, with macaroni or with toasts. As decoration, I decided for French cheese. Any other cheese like mild Gouda would taste great as well.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– One liter of water
– 100g black lentils
– 1 1/2 onion
– 2 small carrots
– 1/2 tsp. salt to taste
– 1/2 jar tomato in vinegar
– 1 big garlic clove
– 4tsp. sour crème
– 100-150g tagliolini or any other macaroni can be substituted with toasted bread for example with Philadelphia white cheese spread and garlic
– French cheese
- Boil 1 liter of water.
- Soak lentils for half an hour and rinse with water.
- Add black lentils, chopped onion and peeled carrots to boiling water.
- Add salt and tomatoes; cook for 20 minutes. Then blend all ingredients.
- Press 1 garlic clove and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime cook macaroni or toast bread.
- Add chili powder to make it spicier. Salt and pepper for seasoning if still needed.
- Once your soup is done, cool it down for couple of minutes and add 4tsp of sour crème. One teaspoon per bowl.
- Decorate with cheese.
Enjoy your meal!
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.