I have never though that a combination of seafood and meat products can taste good. Once, I was invited for a dinner and I ate prawns together with chicken… That time I understood that it’s actually matching combination. With the flow of energy to experiment I made this simple and tasty dish. It costs you “no time” and that’s why I think it’s so wonderful, everyday meal.
Ingredients (for 1 person):
– 1 glass of cooked rice
– 200g canned chili beans
– 12 king prawns
– 1/4 salami package (ca. 85g)
– Salt, pepper, chili powder
– 100ml water
– 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Add to cooked rice, chili beans (not drained), king prawns and fry.
- Add salami and fry.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili, add water and cook under the lid.
- Add sugar and cook for about 2 minutes.
It’s super simple and tasty.
What to cook if you have little ingredients? I always have something frozen and this time that was seafood. Great thing to eat and you feel like on holiday.
I decided for risotto that again reminds me about Italian coast but what can I say… Italian kitchen is just simple and tasty.
You most likely know thousands of other risotto recipes but I encourage you to try this one as well. Especially that there are so little ingredients:)
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 1tbsp. butter
– 1 bouillon cube
– 1 glass of uncooked rice
*Rice-broth (bouillon) proportions would be 1-2
– 1 onion
– 1/2tsp. saffron
– 2tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 can tomato sauce, ca. 400 ml
– Ca. 200g seafood
– 2tbsp. sour crème
– Salt and pepper
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- Melt butter in frying pan, add chopped onions; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add saffron and rise; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice to pan; cook for 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in ½ cup hot broth mixture; cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture in portions, ½ cup at a time. Stir until liquid is absorbed. For 1 glass of rice you may need 2 glasses of liquid.
- Add seafood and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil; cook for ca. 5 min.
- Mix in separate container 1tbsp. of tomato sauce with the sour crème and add into tomato sauce; do not cook.
- Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve and sprinkle with parsley.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMydish.wordpress.com
In my opinion food in jar is already processed food which I prefer to avoid on my dish. Nobody is perfect, sometimes we are lazy. This happens to me when I come back from holiday. For me this is the time when I like to choose for simple solutions and still avoid ready dishes. I just came back from the seashore and seafood seems to me be the perfect way to extend my holiday mood.
Just after holiday on my dish was: Seafood frittata
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 250g seafood
– 6 eggs
– 1/3 jar of green beans (ca. 100g)
– Ca.2 tbsp. of sliced green olives
– 3x handful of Emmentaler cheese
– Fresh basil
– 1x spring onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1/3 package of cress
– “Parmigiano” cheese for topping
– Salt, pepper, dried thyme for seasoning
– Ca. 1 tsp. of oil to fry
- Fry seafood
- Add all vegetables and fry
- Beat eggs, season and add Emmentaler cheese
- Heat oil, spread beat eggs mixture and spread all over seafood, vegetable mixture and cress
- Cook under the lid over a very low heat for about 15 minutes
- Once the top is almost solid, turn over and cook for the next 2 minutes
- Divide into slices, top with “Parmigiano” cheese and serve
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com