Today I want to share with you my best ever recipe… I call it best ever because it reminds me my childhood when there were limited products available. This kind of sweets was awesome. My mom always made it with love and joy as she knew that is what I love the best. Unfortunately I am missing one ingredient (or maybe two) which are not available in the place where I live now but still I could achieve almost the same taste as in the past.
The recipe is slightly time consuming because of the cooking time but it is very simple and worth of your time… and you need just two ingredients 🙂
- A can to sweetened condensed milk.
- Puffed spelt, approximately 100g.
Out of 1 can of milk and 100g puffed spelt you should get 3 full big dishes of the “candies”.
- Pour cold water in a pan to cover approximately 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk. Cover pot with a lid.
- Boil for about 2,5 hours. Leave the can in the pot until cold.
- Open can and mix with puffed spelt.
- Place into the small paper baking moulds for cupcakes.
- Eat directly.
I love to eat these “candies” directly when they are still crispy but you can put them into a fridge or freezer.
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.