To be in line with Saturday’s breakfast, I decided to repeat my great journey with omelette on Sunday as well. My husband was so great and made it for us. He decided to make a “blow mind” omelette and here you can see the results…. I mean… hehe, this doesn’t need any additional comments right? 🙂
I had brown bread with butter and mozzarella, plus salad tomatoes and sausages with mustard. Yummy…. 🙂
For dinner I had yesterday’s leftovers plus I added some extra vegetables (mushrooms, leek and green paprika).
An apple, brown bread with melted cheese and cucumber plus a bit of cottage cheese also with cucumber.
I started my day quite early today and began it with very nice breakfast:)
Omelette with blueberry jam and green tea.
Bread with mustard, cooked sausages, cherry tomatoes and light chocolate milk.
Blueberries with natural yoghurt.
Rice with pork and vegetables (pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, leek, Chinese cabbage, garlic) in sauce (oyster, soya, sesame, ginger, honey, chili, curry).
Brown bread with cheese, cottage cheese, red paprika, radish, onion, natural yoghurt.
This is very simple and quick dish. It’s now asparagus season. In the Netherlands you only see white asparagus. I was lucky to do some shopping in Germany and to buy green version of asparagus. I love these ones. Their biggest advantage is that you do not need to peel them 🙂
This dish could be served with salmon but my freezer was out of salmon, therefore I used prawns. Still good combination… As this is the simplest way of macaroni, with no other sauce than olive oil, juice from cooking vegetables and prawns, it’s in my opinion very healthy and low caloric. You may want to limit olive oil to one spoon, to make it even less caloric. For the ones that do not count calories and cannot imagine eating macaroni without cheese, I would suggest to add parmesan cheese.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– ca. 200g macaroni
– 1 bunch green asparagus
– 1/2 zucchini
– 1/2 leek
– ca. 200g prawns
– 2tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
– 3 garlic cloves
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions; drain.
- Meantime cut leek and zucchini into thin strips. Cook/fry on olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cut into 3-4cm green asparagus. You may want to remove the hard ends first, and peel of the skin from the thickest parts. Add together with prawns to zucchini and leek, cook for next 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook for next 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables and prawns to a bowl with drained macaroni.
- Add 1tbsp of olive oil and salt/pepper to taste if needed. Mix and serve immediately.
- You may want to top with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your meal,
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.