This week I ate the following… 🙂
Two sandwiches with butter, backed ham, sour pickled cucumber, fresh cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce. A glass of milk.
A bowl of fruits (apple, strawberries, blueberries) and natural yoghurt.
Being in the city with a friend, we ate brown bread, backed egg with bacon and tomato. Each half of the portion you see.
Toasted German white bread with butter and blueberry jam.
“Pierogi leniwe”. These are similar to “Kopytka” which recipe you can find here.
“Pierogi leniwe” are the sweet version with curd cheese. I ate them with yoghurt, bread-crumbs in melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Two slices fo toasted German white bread with curd cheese, yoghurt, onion and topped with tomato and pickled cucumber.
So that was it:)
Halloween, autumn is a great time to eat pumpkin.
“Kopytka” are made from potatoes but this time I used pumpkin.
The way of preparation is similar to gnocchi but you make “kopytka” without cheese.
This time I share with you two versions… cooked and fried the day after. See below:)
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– 1 medium size pumpkin (ca. 1,5kg)
– 3 cup flour (ca. 600-750g)
– 3 eggs
– 1tsp. salt
– 1/2tsp. pepper
– 2 onions
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1tsp. butter to fry
– 1tsp. dried sage/salvia
1. Bake pumpkin in temperature 200oCelcius, for 1 hour. Let it cool down for about half an hour.
2. Peel off the skin and remove the pits.
3. Place in a food processor, add salt, pepper and blend.
4. Add flour and eggs, blend again. You may need to adjust amount of flour. If you want to have a regular perfect shape you will need more flour. This time I didn’t pay attention to shape. I wanted to achieve more “wild” irregular shape and made the cake more pouring.
5. Boil water with a bit of salt (ca. 1/2tsp); pour kopytka in water and bring to cook. Cook for about 4 minutes.
5. In the meantime, chop onion and fry in a pan with butter. After a while add sliced garlic and sage. Fry until glassy.
7. Serve kopytka with onion and garlic.
8. Voila 🙂
I also present my day after dish with meatballs and salad.
- Fry previously cooked pumpkin kopyka.
- Serve with anything else you want:)
Enjoy your meal,
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.