As usual during the holidays I decided to taste something new. While shopping in one of the supermarkets I immediately got interested in so called “English tomatoes”. I’ve never eaten such tomatoes’ before…
I decided to try them out….
My first impression… they look beautiful and don’t really look like tomatoes. They can easily substitute fruits. If you half them, the inner side looks a bit like maracuja (passion fruit)… black seeds, juicy. They taste something in between “normal” tomatoes and fruits. Sweet, sour- I can’t decide.
Here’s my idea of eating this tomato… I decided to eat it in sweet version, together with natural yoghurt and honey.
In this way I got tasty and healthy “fruit” tomato yoghurt:)
Ingredients (for 1 person):
– 1 English tomato
– 1 natural yoghurt
– 2tbsp. honey
- Half tomato, and remove the inner part.
- Mix with natural yoghurt and honey
It’s autumn. What I like the most about this time of the year is the colour of leaves. It’s so beautiful, changing, rich and powerful!
Inspired by nature, I present the following: colourful salad with ginger-chili dressing.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 1 small salad
– ½ onion
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1tsp. sesame oil
– 1tbsp. soya sauce
– 2 carrots
– 1x1cm ginger
– 1 fresh red chili with ½ seeds
– 1tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
– 1tsp. honey
- Blend olive oil, sesame oil and soya sauce in a food processor.
- Add onion, ginger, chili and lemon juice. Cut and blend it with use of a food processor.
- Peel off the carrots and slice them. Cook in small amount of water unit tender-crisp to maximise flavour. Add honey and cook shortly.
- Decorate a platter with pre-washed salad. Top with carrots and sprinkle ginger-chili dressing over the top.
What do you think about my idea?
Enjoy your meal,
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.