Every week I buy organic vegetables. It’s better for your health but also tastier. In one of the packages I got aubergine.
During the week I try to make quick meals. That time I already boiled potatoes the day before; that speeded up my cooking time. I came from work quite late and I was starving. One of key points when you try to keep your weight under control is regular eating. I know they are people that can skip their dish for many hours but believe me, for me even 15 minutes make a huge difference. Some people know me very well… When I’m hungry, I’m angry 😉 Not mentioning weak… Ok, back to the dinner.
On my dish was: Potato casserole with aubergine and duck breast
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 4 middle size potatoes (boil but do not salt)
– 1 small aubergine
– 1 mushroom (you can use more but I had just one:))
– Egg whites from 2 eggs (these were leftovers… you can use whole egg- then 1 is enough)
– 1 slice Gouda cheese
– ½ onion
– 1 garlic clove
– 100g sliced smoked duck breast (with a little bit of fat)
– 1 tsp. curry
– Salt and pepper
– 1tsp. oil for frying
To speed up the backing time I fried, with a little amount of oil, all vegetables. See below for more details…
- Mash potatoes, press garlic, add egg whites, curry, salt, pepper and mix all ingredients.
- Peel aubergine and cut into 1cm slices.
- Peel onion and cut half into slices.
- Cut mushroom into slices.
- Fry all vegetables for few minutes (use that time to preheat your oven and clean up all mess…).
- Spread half of the potatoes mix in the prepared pan.
- Top with the vegetables and sliced duck breast.
- Spread second half of the potatoes mix.
- Decorate with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 min in 200oC.
Yummy, it was so tasty. I’m getting hungry again…:)
Please forgive me this messy the picture below! 🙂
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com