I just wanted to share with you my Christmas decoration. Work is the place where I want to feel good. That’s why I decided to decorate my room as well.
I decided for yellow to add a bit of sun during these long, dark days.
I put everything in a glass vase: glossy stones, Christmas lights, shiny twig with crystals and two angels…
What do you think?
Heh, and here the Chocolate Santa:)
Christmas is coming and I want to present you a couple of interesting ideas. These are not traditional Christmas dishes but they are interesting 🙂 Ginger and mandarin make it really special!
I will present three dishes within the next few days: starter, main dish and dessert.
Today I will begin with starter: Christmas pumpkin soup
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– 1 pumpkin
– 1 mandarin
– 1x1cm fresh ginger
– 3 x bay leaf
– ½ tsp. thyme
– Garlic powder
– Cayenne pepper
– Salt to taste
- Bake pumpkin in temperature 200oCelcius, for 30 minutes. Let it cool down for about half an hour.
- Peel off the skin and remove the pits.
- Chop pumpkin into small pieces and boil in about 1,5-2liter water with bay leaf until gets soft, then smash it.
- Add little salt to taste, mandarin juice and zest, grated ginger and thyme .Cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime bake bread toasts with cheese, topped with garlic powder, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Serve soup with toasts.
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.