My son is allergic. He is allergic to many things among others to some crucial, commonly used in daily life ingredients such as milk, eggs and wheat. I’ve learned to find replacements for all these products or just simply make dishes without them.
Today I want to present one of the greatest recipes I’ve found on the internet and immediately modified to my needs: vegan and super quick banana cake…
It’s so simple and quick, I still can’t believe I need so little ingredients and no time to make it.
Let’s get started 🙂
- Four bananas (if you have less, use e.g. three bananas and 3/4 of a cup vegan milk)
- Two cups of flour (I use spelt flour)
- 1tbsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Blend bananas in a food processor or manually.
- Add oil and sugar, blend again.
- Sift the flour, add baking powder and blend again until well mixed.
- Place baking paper into a 25x12cm loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 45min in 180oC.
- Cool and enjoy. You can decorate the cake with sugar powder.
As you see it’s very simple and quick. When I am short of bananas I substitute the amount by 3/4 of a cup vegan milk. The maximum I replaced where two bananas which I substituted by 1,5 cups of a vegan milk. I used rice, spelt and rye milk. I don’t taste much difference.
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.