I like experimenting but I am not a person who goes to shop every time I miss an ingredient for a particular dish. Instead, I prefer to look for alternatives and be surprised with still a good result:) Originally I would rather use rice macaroni but yeah… why shall I stress myself about one missing component of a meal?
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 2 x chicken breast
– 2tbsp. soya sauce
– 2tbsp. oyster sauce
– 1tbsp. sesame oil
– 2tbsp. sherry
– 1tbsp. brown sugar
– 1x fennel
– 1x orange
– 1x onion
– 2x chives, white part
– 1x garlic clove
– 1tsp. lemon grass powder
– 1tsp. ginger powder
- Boil macaroni.
- Heat oil in wok, add cubes of chicken breast, lemon grass and ginger powder, fry for couple minutes.
- Add sliced fennel and onion, fry for the next couple minutes.
- Add all sauces, sherry and brown sugar, pressed garlic clove and fry for around 3 minutes.
- Transfer macaroni to serving plate, top with chicken and sauce.
- You can sprinkle a bit or orange juice on the top if you want. Coat with orange and sliced chives.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com
See also my other posts via Posts Index 🙂