Cold, winter days are an inspiration for eating something warm and satiating.
This dish is pretty time-consuming; that’s why I recommend to make it just on weekends 😉
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– Pearl barley
– Carrots for salad (you can choose any salad)
– 2kg duck
– 1 apple
– 1 onion
– 4 small carrots
– 2-3 pieces of green celery
– 2tbsp. oil
– 1tsp. cayenne pepper
– 1tbsp. thyme
– 1tbsp. marjoram
– 1tsp. salt
– 1/2tsp. colour pepper
- Stuff duck with peeled, chopped apple and onion. Pour marinade over the meat.
- Bake with chopped carrots and green celery in baking foil for about 2hours in 180oC.
- Once backed, collect the sauce, add backed carrots and celery, and process in blender.
- Reduce the sauce.
- Serve with pearl barley and salad. Decorate with parsley.
Enjoy your dish!!! 🙂
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.