Today I’ll show you my Christmas main dish idea.
You can make it with any kind of meat or fish. In fact what makes it whimsy to Christmas are the potato stars or potato Christmas trees. Whatever you call it… 🙂 Additionally orange carrots brighten the whole dish.
– 0.5kg potatoes
– 1 egg
– 1tsp butter
– 2 tsp. mustard
– 1/5tsp. granted nutmeg
– Salt to taste
– A bunch of carrots
– 1 onion
– 1tbsp. honey
– 2tbsp. butter
– 1tbsp. lemon juice
– Pepper to taste
- Boil potato until tender and drain. Add butter, nutmeg, salt and mustard; mash. Cool for half an hour and mash with the egg.
- Put potato mass into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe mass onto baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in half lengthwise (prewashed) carrots. Chop onion. Place both in a pan, add butter, honey, lemon juice and stew until al dente- for about 15 minutes.
- Decorate piece of meat or fish with potato stars, blanched carrots and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Voila 🙂
Enjoy your meal,