Halloween, autumn is a great time to eat pumpkin.
“Kopytka” are made from potatoes but this time I used pumpkin.
The way of preparation is similar to gnocchi but you make “kopytka” without cheese.
This time I share with you two versions… cooked and fried the day after. See below:)
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– 1 medium size pumpkin (ca. 1,5kg)
– 3 cup flour (ca. 600-750g)
– 3 eggs
– 1tsp. salt
– 1/2tsp. pepper
– 2 onions
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1tsp. butter to fry
– 1tsp. dried sage/salvia
1. Bake pumpkin in temperature 200oCelcius, for 1 hour. Let it cool down for about half an hour.
2. Peel off the skin and remove the pits.
3. Place in a food processor, add salt, pepper and blend.
4. Add flour and eggs, blend again. You may need to adjust amount of flour. If you want to have a regular perfect shape you will need more flour. This time I didn’t pay attention to shape. I wanted to achieve more “wild” irregular shape and made the cake more pouring.
5. Boil water with a bit of salt (ca. 1/2tsp); pour kopytka in water and bring to cook. Cook for about 4 minutes.
5. In the meantime, chop onion and fry in a pan with butter. After a while add sliced garlic and sage. Fry until glassy.
7. Serve kopytka with onion and garlic.
8. Voila 🙂
I also present my day after dish with meatballs and salad.
- Fry previously cooked pumpkin kopyka.
- Serve with anything else you want:)
Enjoy your meal,
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.