Somehow this dish reminds me of Spain which perfectly matches the place where I am now.
Some time ago on my dish was: macaroni with piccante salami and endive
It is delicious for a warm evening in salad but also for a colder day in warm meal. Hmm, for the ones who have never eaten endive; it is slightly bitter vegetable. There are different ways of its preparation: baking, steaming, cooking, served raw. This time I decided to cook it and get a bit of Spanish accent.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– Ca. 250g macaroni
– 125g salami, peeled off
– 1 onion
– Glass of milk
– Juice of ½ lemon
– 1tbsp. flour
– ½ endive
– ½ jar of dried tomatoes in olive oil
– ½ tsp. chili
- Cook macaroni.
- Cut salami and fry for several minutes to melt the fat.
- Add chopped onion and tomatoes, fry for couple minutes.
- Slice endive. To neutralise the specific bitter taste, scald in boiling water for couple minutes. Drain and flood with fresh, cold water. Add to a frying-pan.
- Mix milk, flour and lemon in separate container, add to frying-pan for thickening the sauce.
- Add chili and cook for couple of minutes.
- Drain macaroni, serve.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.