I came back from holiday and I had absolutely nothing in my fridge.
The only things I had were the standard products I always have in my kitchen: spaghetti, tuna, tomato puree, onion and garlic. As you already know, I prefer to cook from scratch, rather than eat pre-packaged food that is why I decided to serve on my dish: spaghetti with tuna and avocado in tomato sauce.
Why avocado? Well, just because this was my last left-over before I went on holiday. I know that for many people this may be the craziest combination but I still preferred to risk instead of buying some pre-packaged food which quality is rather poor and taste artificially pimped up. I must admit I never tried cooked avocado before. I decided to experiment. I am glad I did it because it was really tasty! The best thing about this dish was its preparation and cooking time. It took me less than 15 minutes! That’s quick!
Ingredients (for two people):
– 250g spaghetti
– 1 can tuna in oil (for frying I prefer canned tuna in oil than in water because then I do not have to add any extra oil for frying)
– 1 onion
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 avocado
– 1/2 tomato puree (ca. 70g)
– Mexican Sun spices (salt, garlic, chili, onion, corn grits, paprika, oregano, pepper)
- Cook spaghetti.
- Drain tuna and use a bit of that oil to fry.
- Add chopped onion and sliced avocado; fry.
- Add sliced garlic, fry for 30sec.
- Add tomato puree, water from spaghetti, and spices to make a tomato sauce. Cook until spaghetti is boiled.
- Drain spaghetti, top with sauce. You can add some cheese optionally if you want.
I hope you liked it! I encourage you to experiment as well… It’s fun.
If you are interested in my other posts, I encourage you to make use of “Post Index” where you can locate and learn about all the posts on my blog.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com