This time I will show meal “on demand”:) that was requested by my friend- Vera 🙂
On my dish were: “kopyta” with onion
The first time I introduced it to my international colleagues; I served it with mushroom ragout. This time I had no mushrooms so I made it the way my mother always did.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 6 medium potatoes
– 1 cup flour
– 2-3 eggs depending on the size
– 2 onions
It looks simple but it’s a bit time consuming…
1. Peel off, cook potatoes (in salty water), drain, mash and cool down.
2. Divide mashed potatoes into 4 parts, put 1 of the 4 parts onto another part (*see the picture, it’s hard to explain*).
3. Add flour to reach the level of “potato pyramid”.
4. Add eggs.
5. Mix all the ingredients into homogenous mass. If the mass is too loose, add some flour.
6. Take part of the mass, roll and cut into 1-2cm slices (dust with flour your work surface to avoid sticking). Do the same with whole mass.
7. Cook in boiling water for 5-7 minutes , drain and top with chopped and fried onion.
Now, the “potatoes pyramid”:
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com
In the nearest future I will share with you what I did with the left overs. See you soon!