The food I present is Joe’s Crab Shack specialty! A tart pie in a graham cracker crust, topped with whipped cream. Really great and reminds me of hot summer.
– 5 egg yolks
– 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
– ½ cup of “key” lime juice
– 1 ½ cups of graham crackers
– ¼ cup of sugar
– 1/3 cup of melted butter
– Whipped cream
- Mix in a bowl crackers and sugar. Pour in the butter and mix all ingredients. If you don’t have graham crackers, use any other crackers.
- Press into the pie plate and bake in ca. 180 oC for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool down, preferably in the fridge, before using it.
- Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well all ingredients. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Bake in ca. 180 oC for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool down.
- Top with whipped cream.
It’s really easy and very tasty.