What to cook if you have little ingredients? I always have something frozen and this time that was seafood. Great thing to eat and you feel like on holiday.
I decided for risotto that again reminds me about Italian coast but what can I say… Italian kitchen is just simple and tasty.
You most likely know thousands of other risotto recipes but I encourage you to try this one as well. Especially that there are so little ingredients:)
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 1tbsp. butter
– 1 bouillon cube
– 1 glass of uncooked rice
*Rice-broth (bouillon) proportions would be 1-2
– 1 onion
– 1/2tsp. saffron
– 2tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 can tomato sauce, ca. 400 ml
– Ca. 200g seafood
– 2tbsp. sour crème
– Salt and pepper
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- Melt butter in frying pan, add chopped onions; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add saffron and rise; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice to pan; cook for 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in ½ cup hot broth mixture; cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture in portions, ½ cup at a time. Stir until liquid is absorbed. For 1 glass of rice you may need 2 glasses of liquid.
- Add seafood and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil; cook for ca. 5 min.
- Mix in separate container 1tbsp. of tomato sauce with the sour crème and add into tomato sauce; do not cook.
- Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve and sprinkle with parsley.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMydish.wordpress.com