Today on my dish was: Buckwheat with white homemade cheese and beetroot salad
Buckwheat that is so typical in Polish cuisine. Not everyone likes it. My grandmother served it almost every week. At that time I was not a fan of it. Nowadays I am neither a fan nor a buckwheat-hater. I eat it because it is a Polish thing and it’s healthy.
With a combination of white cheese and yoghurt it becomes really delicious dish. Some people like to eat buckwheat with goulash and then e.g. beetroot salad. I decided to combine these two typical Polish ways of eating grains. I can’t recall when I ate it for the last time- was it three months, six months ago?
Together with beetroot and my favourite homemade white cheese… it was yummy!
Ingredients (for 2 people):
– 100g buckwheat
– 1 onion
– 45g smoked duck breast
– Natural yogurt
– 400g white homemade cheese
- Boil beetroot for about 40 minutes (depending on size) and peel off the skin, cut in small cubes
- Chop 1/3 onion and add to beetroot
- Season with salt and pepper
- Boil buckwheat for 15 minutes, strain and leave in a warm place for 5 minutes
- Chop 2/3 onion and fry together with duck breast
- Mince white cheese with a fork
- Your dish is ready: serve beetroot salad and buckwheat. Top with white cheese, onion and duck breast. Add yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
*Enjoy your meal* OnMyDish.wordpress.com